Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Rhodia Notebooks

vickerey_2031_36985134
Does anyone else remember when you could get those Five Star notebooks with the thick paper and nice sharp lines? I'm not fastidious about most things, but I like a good notebook, and I haven't been able to find one of those in about ten years. Since that time I've mostly switched to the computer, but for the occasional list or note, I really like these Rhodia notebooks. Made in France, they're a little more expensive than the norm and not super easy to find (locally they carry them at Warwicks in La Jolla) but they can easily be ordered online. I first discovered them via the shop at Francis Ford Coppola's winery where he sells his favorite things. (I also discovered Amedei chocolate at the same time - that Francis has good taste as it turns out.)
vickerey_2027_95310396
Just the other day while browsing for xmas gifts online, I noticed that Vickerey carries a huge selection - maybe even the full line. I especially like this box, with four notebooks of different sizes and two pencils, all for $16.00. If you've got a design geek, list fanatic or doodler on your gift list, this may be just the thing!

No comments: